Sunday, March 1, 2009

Taking It Easy

Kristine is doing very well down in Texas with her family.  The weather has been nice and warm giving Kristine the opportunity to take in some sun.  Those of us on the East Coast are surely jealous, especially given the impending snowstorm that is headed our way.  She has started on a couple of natural therapies that have made her pretty tired, but the extra rest is probably doing her some good. Her mother has been disciplined about stretching her left arm and shoulder.  It's critical that Kristine keep her muscles loose so that when she does regains movement she will maximize her range of motion.


We have started to talk to one another via Skype.  Skype is a free application that allows you to talk over the Internet at no cost with anyone else who is also on Skype.  You just talk through your computer's microphone and speakers or through a headset.  You can also use a webcam to view one another live, which is what Kristine and I have been doing.  It's so much better to see the person on the other end of the line, especially for someone who does not like talking on the phone much like me.   


I've posted a slide show of pictures in the upper right corner of the site.  You can either watch them here on the blog or you can click any of them to view a larger version of the slide show.  I know, it's about time I got some photos on the site.  Enjoy. 

9 comments:

  1. She looks fantabulous!!! Glad you are both getting a change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having some great family time, hard to believe Uncle Jimmy is that OLD. Enjoy Briand and Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan, Thanks for the update! The pictures are fantastic! And Kristine looks great! Skype is wonderful thing isn't it? Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Kristine...you look fantastic and you can tell you and your sisters are related!!! You all look alike. Hope you are having big fun in Texas. Thinking of you and sending best wishes your way.
    Elizabeth Trout

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristine. You look beautiful and it is plain to see how much you and your sisters are enjoying one another. Soak up the sun, relax and absord all of your mother's special love...and your dad's too! Wishing you good things and know I still think about you EVERY single day! Love, Ann Riffel

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! It makes me feel so good to see the family together! Thanks for the pics Ryan and I hope you are truly getting some rest. Kristine, I think of you so often and look forward to seeing you again. The visit with you and the whole family last summer here on the west coast of Michigan is a memory still warm in my heart. Happy Birthday Uncle Jimmy and tons'o'love to the whole Becker clan. Love Audy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ryan,
    Thanks for the pictures. Kristine and her family all look happy and healthy and it's so good to see Krissy looking so vibrant. Lots of love. Let me know when I can come visit! Hugs and stuff. Megan T.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kristine and Ryan,
    Thanks for the update and the photos Ryan, they're very special. Kristine, you look fabulous and very, very happy. Glad to hear you're doing well in Texas and are surrounded by family. Your friends in Philadelphia miss you!

    Take care,
    Kathy and Ruby xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natalia and Penn Medicine gang!April 3, 2009 at 2:00 PM

    Christine! We are all thinking about you here at the Penn Medicine for Rittenhouse! I am famous amoungst my friends because of you and your pumpkin roll recipe!! yummy! I think about how you are doing often and am sending you all my well wishes!!! I hope you still have the bird and wishbone we gave you as a rememberance of how tough and awesome you are at staying strong and working through everything! Hello to your mom (and tell her that my hat is still a work in progress--eeek---I put it down for a while because I messed it up so badly)...take care--xoxox!!

    ReplyDelete