Sunday, August 9, 2009

New Discovery

This has been an event filled week. I hoped not to have any more to talk about after the last few posts this last week, but unfortunately there's more to tell. After getting out of the hospital on Wednesday afternoon, Kristine decided that she needed a little adventure. So we hopped in the car and headed to the King of Prussia Mall. This is truly one of the unique qualities about Kristine. She can have a heart procedure done one day and be ready for shopping the next. Her heart rhythm has been fine since the cardioversion procedure (and the trip to the mall).


On Friday, I had my own doctors appointment in the morning, which thankfully did nothing more than to confirm my good health. I worked from home in the afternoon jumping on several conference calls. My last call of the day was just about ending when Kristine yelled my name from the next room. I ran in to see her clenching her left arm as she told me she was starting to have another seizure. I abruptly hung up the phone and ran to her side. The seizure seemed to last a bit longer than previous episodes. Fortunately, there were no lasting side effects and Kristine quickly regained her muscle control.

That evening we sat outside to get some fresh air and relax after the earlier event. Kristine was rubbing her back when she felt a hard lump on the lower right side. This new discovery, which we surmise to be a likely tumor growth potentially in or near her kidney, is very concerning. The finding sent Kristine into a depressed state the rest of the weekend. She's had trouble staying positive the last few days and started to lose a bit of hope. I'm sure she will bounce back. She just needs some time to regain her energy and strength again after a tough week.

This upcoming week we will be talking to our oncologist and the CyberKnife center to discuss some next steps. Here's hoping for a good, uneventful week ahead.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Kristine and Ryan,

    Let's hope and pray you both have a great week. Positive thoughts coming your way!

    Love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just writing to let you know I'm thinking of you all the time. Classes begin in a few weeks so I hope to see you again very soon. Even though you are never far from my thoughts, we are long overdue for a face to face visit!!
    I'm sending out lots of good juju and hoping that this new discovery will be met with a new solution.
    Much love,
    Kira

    ReplyDelete
  3. So the challenge continues.....your fortitude and faith amaze me...both of you! I just want to say "hi" and let you know that I think of you often.
    Love, cousin Audy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kristine,

    I am sorry that this has been such a tough week. Please dig deep for some faith.........even though all of this is totally unfair and should not be happening to you, you can do it! Much love and many prayers are being sent to you every single day by people from all over. Just remember how much you are loved and do your best to be positive. love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a weird discovery... I hope the lump in your lower back turns out to be nothing serious. Thinking of you everyday (really) and always wishing you a miracle and some relief from this struggle.
    Love you tons....
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are thinking about you and praying for some relief. you certainly deserve it. we are down the street if you need anything.

    we love you both!
    jeanna, rusty and christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristine ~

    I don't know if you remember me but I saw Jill Martin's post on the IKE page FB and I have to say your strength and spirit are amazing.

    I read through all the posts and you are such a fighter! You are in my family's prayers and stay strong!!

    Mindy Schluchter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Guys

    Happy almost Kristine Bday
    Hope all is well
    Love Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kristine,

    I wanted to wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY today! Enjoy your special day and have a lovely weekend!

    Love,

    Kathy and Ruby xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristine, hope your Birthday was wonderful - I was happy to hear that your sisters were able to join in your special day. Hoping you are feeling better, you are in our prayers -

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking about you.... sorry I missed wishing you "HB" on 82109. Hope it was a good day for you. A birthday celebration w/your sisters....I'm sure it was a great day! :) sending good wishes your way. xoxo, jill

    ReplyDelete