Thursday, June 14, 2007

6/13 - Cycle 5 Update

I'm back online with a newly reformatted hard drive and an updated immune system for my computer including anti-spy, anti-virus and anti-phishing software. Hopefully this solves the problem and doesn't further disrupt my ability to blog.

As for Kristine, she began Cycle 5 this past Monday, receiving her own download of anti-phishing software in the form of chemotherapy. Monday began as it usually does. We meet with Dr. Staddon first to discuss Kristine's condition and then it's off to the treatment area to begin the five hour treatment process. And, as seems par for the course on these Monday mornings, we began with issues accessing Kristine's port. Despite our 9am arrival time the troubles with the port held up Kristine's treatment until about 12am. This makes for a long day. We closed the treatment center with the nurses at around 5pm only to have to go home and administer the rest of Kristine's IV medication, a process that would end around 1:30 in the morning. Fortunately though both ports were accessed without too much pain for Kristine, including the access point that couldn't be used at all in all last cycle.

Our meeting with Dr. Staddon on Monday morning focused mainly on our prior Wednesday discussion with Dr. Bridges, the cardiothoracic surgeon to whom Staddon referred us. Which brings us to a recap of our meeting that I have not yet written about. However, I will have to leave you in suspense. Although I'm sitting right next to Kristine while blogging, she believes that me on a computer is as good as her being alone. So you'll have to excuse me, I have feet to rub. I'll try to get around to our appointment with Dr. Bridges sometime later this week.

7 comments:

  1. Yes- rub those feet!!!
    That will heal all.

    thinking of you two all the time...
    LOVE, Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey from the Shore!!! Thinking of you. As always. Can't believe you had to deal with all that computer/cyberspace bullsh*t. uuugh.
    I hope it is a restful week.
    Much love to you both!
    Kira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Girlfriend,
    Just checking in. Hope this week goes by fast.
    Thinking about you all of the time. Would love to catch up again soon, in person, let me know when you are up to it.
    Luv,
    debbie (philly mag)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I hope you both have a restful weekend after your long week. Ryan, although I have never met you, I thank you for keeping us posted. This is a great site, and shows your devotion to Kristine! Take care of yourselves-we are thinking of you, Jodi and Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristine,
    Sorry to hear what a long week you have had. Those treatment visits sound brutal. I was just chatting with Helen Brady. We follow your progress often and are both truly inspired. Ryan, our husbands could learn a thing or 2 from you. Have a good and restful weekend.
    Julie Najawicz (Bartel)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kristine adn Ryan,

    Glad to hear everything is going well! Please know, I think about you every day and you're in my thoughts and prayers.

    Can't wait to see you, hopefully soon.

    Ruby needs her dose of Rufus!!!!

    Love,
    Kathy xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ryan thanks so much for the updates I look forward to good news everday... We need to get those ports to behave!
    I had a hospital week this week I can't imagine what you are going through mom was in the ER and than ICU until Friday with complications from a procedure they tried to do to find the internal bleeding she was having the experience was right out of TV Show .. my thoughts were with you guys often!

    Take Care

    barbara

    ReplyDelete