Tuesday, July 31, 2007

7/31 - Rat-tatoo-lle


On Monday, Kristine decided to use her head as a canvas and got a tattoo. Actually just a henna tattoo, which is like a thick ink that temporarily stains the skin. I thought it was fun walking around the city and seeing peoples' reactions. Not just their reactions to the tattoo, but also to Kristine's bald head, since this was really the first time that she had "exposed" herself in public.

Kristine's PET scan was seamless. We should hear back from Dr. Staddon's office with the results in the next couple of days.

Our plans for traveling to Houston have morphed a bit. Kristine's cousin Cris was able to get an inside tip from her family's doctor who works at MDA. She advised us of the hospital's strict policy for reading biopsy slides --they require a full 5 days to process them. So, instead of sitting in the office on Thursday and Friday, we are shifting our office stake-out to Monday and Tuesday in hopes of improving our odds at seeing the Oncologist.

Ryan

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Dear Kristine and Ryan,

    I read the blog every chance I get. Thank you Ryan for being so diligent in your writings.
    It is 6:00am and I was just on my balcony here in Nantucket thinking of both of you, the fog is thick and the trees are dripping with water but I can still here the waves hitting the beach. I am sending you happy and healing thoughts this morning, and always.
    I know you will be going to Houston soon, give Chris's belly a rub for me. Md Anderson is a wonderful hospital they were very good to me years ago, and I know you'll come away with the same experience. Have a nice trip.
    I love your tattoo, it is beautiful!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!
    That must have been loads of fun to see people's reaction.. You should have come to San Diego with it and attended Comic Con - you would have been nothing compared to all the people who were here for it .. Tons of Wonder Women's so I thought of you often
    Inside Tips are the best ... glad to hear the plan sounds like it will work and that the scan went well!

    Sending you happy thoughts!

    b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristine - I love the tatoo--- Would love to see your face with it ... How much fun to walk around and have people stare... What a great attitude and hope your trip to Houston goes well - Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! You are so rad, Stone Becker!
    hugs, my dear. Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome picture! I've been lurking on your blog for some time now. This is a great post... reminds me of the best part of caring for my patients -- watching them turn something awful into something wonderful. How inspiring to get the henna tattoo! I love it.

    ReplyDelete