Monday, January 12, 2009

More Rehab

Kristine will be continuing day rehab through January. While this means another few weeks of crazy schedules for Kristine, me, and the friends that have been helping with transportation it's, more importantly, a great chance for Kristine to progress closer toward physical independance. Our insurance will cover the day program as long as our doctors and therapists believe that it will maximize her recovery and she continues to see positive results beyond what she might from normal activity. This is good news since once she leaves the day program she will move to the out-patient program, which is limited to 40 visits a year. Most everyone agrees that the more intensive therapy she can receive in her first six months of paralysis the better chance see has of regaining close to full movement.

Other than this there is not much to report. I am going to limit the blog posts to once a week and will post them by Monday morning each week. I will only post more frequently if an emergency arises or we have dramatic news to report. I think this will give everyone a more regular update.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ryan, An update once a week sounds good. We know how tight you're schedule must be and how difficult it is to stop sit down and compose after a long day/week. Thanks and we look forward to the great news we've been receiving lately !! Tear em up Kristine.
    A kick in the Arse or a kick in the Ding ding. Oh screw it , kick it anywhere you want.
    Happy Trails, Bill & Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristine and Ryan,

    Thank you for the weekly updates, I click on the blog every day. So happy to hear you're making wonderful progress at Rehab - way to go Kristine! Hugs and kisses coming your way.
    Love,
    Kathy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. Hang in there Kristine. It sounds like you are doing great and following doctor's orders! Thinking of you always.....Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ryan and Kristine,
    Ryan-Thanks for keeping us updated. I think the weekly post is a great idea and well appreciated! I know you have a busy schedule! Kristine, I'm ao glad that you are continuing to make progress and you're able to stay with your therapy program . I am always rooting for you and you always amaze me! Shannon H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am overwhelmed by your ablility to really do it all, both of you!!! Thank you for showing all of us such courage and determination. I will continue to be inspired by both of you. As always, you are in my prayers daily!
    Love ya Stiner. Rachel S-W.

    ReplyDelete