Monday, September 3, 2007

9/3 - Relaxing Labor Day

Kristine and I have been taking it easy these past few days after a couple of hectic weeks. Kristine is doing well but is still in some pain. She has been taking short walks to build up her energy and climbing the stairs is becoming less and less strenuous -- although she still needs to stop to catch her breath at the top.


Kristine's parents headed back to Michigan on Sunday morning to enjoy the last weeks of summer. Although it's nice to have the house to ourselves again, we'll both miss the evening card games and the help that they provided during their stay here.

With family gone and me at work, Kristine will be welcoming company during this next week to pass the time and provide emotional support. So, if you're in the area and feel like spending some quality time with Kristine, feel free to call ahead and pay a visit.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there- strength is a good thing!!
    Thimking about you often!
    Love
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your blog on and off for a couple of months. I'm amazed at all that you have been through. Your upbeat attitude and perseverence are truly inspirational. I was happy to see the entry that said they got 99% of the tumor. Hang in there! I'm sure you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

    David Loeb, MD, PhD
    Johns Hopkins Hospital
    loebda@jhmi.edu

    ReplyDelete
  3. o how i wish i could stop by this week! I could bring a good book and read to you or we could watch the cheerleader movie again or we could just sit and talk for hours like we always do!
    Love you baby!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your starting to feel better!! I wish I was closer so I could visit, maybe a phone call instead!! We've had an addition to our family, no , no more babies! A 12 week old Jack Russell terrier. We got her Sat. and are still working on names. Let me know if you have any ideas?? Take care-Jodi

    ReplyDelete