Monday, April 7, 2008

Scary Dairy

This is another subject that is pretty heavy. Similar to the radiation information, there is just so much to say. This is also a subject that is very close to my heart. I grew up with a big glass of milk everyday and probably with every meal. I will confess that ice cream has been considered a food group for me. Cheese has also become a staple in our diets. Pretty much take any entree and put cheese onto top to make it better. This is of course one of the hardest things for me to give up with my new raw diet.

I am happy to say that Ryan has agreed to share our findings on dairy. We both had an amazing experience at Hippocrates but even the founder, Brian Clement, told us that if we just took his word and didn't look for more sources to back up the information he was sharing we were doing ourselves an injustice. We have both been reading anything we can get our hands on. I am in the process of reading The China Study. This book has been the catalyst for us taking the dairy portion of our diet seriously. They have studies that show how dairy can turn cancerous tumors on and off. AMAZING! I challenge you all to read this book. Ryan will explain in depth the information that we acquired from The China Study. I have also read Dr Weil's books. I think he has a great take on a healthy lifestyle for someone who is still pretty healthy. He has an eight week program that seems somewhat easy to adapt to your lives.

This dairy subject may last for a few posts because it is almost imposable to sit down and put your head around all of the information there is to share. Just a thought to leave you with. Why is it that humans are the only species that continue to drink milk through out their lives while all other animals eventually ween off their mothers. Also, we are the only species that drink another animals milk. I was given this same information over 10 years ago and I choose to ignore it completely. I just thought to myself, how can something that is supported by our government and seen as a healthy staple in our diets be bad for you. I wonder now what would have happened if I had just listened and had been open to the idea of scary dairy. So , I ask you to be open and for once don't trust you instincts. When it comes to dairy they are probably wrong.

3 comments:

  1. New York City's out of power,
    and the milk is getting sour,
    but to me it isn't scary,
    because I stay away from dairy.
    Sorry I couldn't resist. Dairy bad, I agree.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. what are your thoughts on organic milk? would that be a better option or is it just the idea of milk in general that is bad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My instincts have always been along these lines, there's something creepy about dairy. Or 'cow mucus' as I privately call it. I took your advice on microwaves and have not touched one since you wrote about it. I'm going to give up dairy (cheese is what I like) for a while too and see how I feel. Thanks for the reminder about the cow mucus. Appetizing, huh??

    ReplyDelete