Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Because I Can!

Just a quick update from my last post. I was so sad to be leaving Florida because I was having such a great time. I got up early Tuesday morning packed my bags and my sister dropped me at the airport. I stood in a very long line to check in and when it was my turn to go to the counter, I just couldn't do it. I got out of line, called the airline, changed my flight to that following Friday and jumped on a shuttle back to Miami. It all took about two hours and I was back on the beach. As the saying goes, life is short. That day I really lived it like it was short and took advantage of having to be no where. Does that ever happen? We always need to get back for something. Work, kids, appointments that can't be broken. I had nothing to rush home for and I took full advantage!

I wanted to share an e-mail from one of the women I met at Hippocrates. She is the one that had that baseball size tumor on her neck. The Hippocrates program was working for her and she was on track to beat her cancer and then I received the following e-mail. I just thought it was so interesting and wanted to share it with all of you.



To the wonderful people in my life,

I usually do not enjoy the impersonal mass mailing but I believe this occasion calls for it. As you know I am healing from cancer through my Hippocrates Lifestyle which should take approximately 2 years. I am doing well and on schedule and I feel blessed to have learned all that I have.

21/2 weeks ago I had a massage with a wonderful Ecuadorian woman, Elena who is also a healer. I met her last November. She is getting ready to retire so she works here a couple months then goes back home to Guayaquil, Ecuador for a couple of months where she is fixing up their new home. Her mother lives there and her husband, Paul who is Italian and sold his deli business in Boca last year is there as well. During my last massage she asked how I was doing and I told her well but I was thinking of going to John of God in Brazil. Elena said before you do that would you consider a doctor in my home town who cured my friend of ovarian cancer in 3 weeks with diet and poultices. She said she personally witnessed this and knows 2 other people there who did it as well. Of course I said I was interested as I love adventures and believe there are many ways for the body to heal although it's really up to God.

This doctor is South African and a research scientist who worked for a large pharmaceutical company here in the US. He made some discoveries that the government did not like and they confiscated and destroyed his work. He kept working anyway and was jailed. Our government released him under the condition he never return to the US. He then settled in Ecuador with it's proximity to the rainforest. This doctor uses raw diet, juices and poultices to pull the cancer out. He told me it's painful but they have very powerful natural pain medicine there without the side effects of the narcotics we have. I then went back to Hippocrates and asked the director and founder of the program if he knew of this doctor and his work. Without a moments hesitation he said yes I know of him and if you want to do that it will certainly work.

I spoke to the doctor again and he said he would help me but it would take probably 5 or 6 weeks as they have to get cancer out of my tongue so they have to go very slowly to avoid swelling. He also works with a group of associates and they have top notch hospital and medical support. I will be closely monitored and have frequent blood work along with an IV for the pain med. He said I will be resting, drinking and peeing to quote him exactly. I prefer to be cancer free as soon as possible and I love learning new things and seeing new places.

This entire trip has just fallen into place more easily than anything I have done before. Elena offered me her new house to stay in, her husband Paul will pick us up at the airport and see to all our needs. The doctor said he would come to the house if I wanted and is lending me his juicing equipment. (He is a minister and has 8 children.) Best of all I never have to be alone as my good friend, Diane Zantop is leaving with me on Monday the 12th to take care of me, then Rick is coming on the 22nd and Diane will go back on the 23rd. Rick is staying until the 3rd of June and Elena will be back May 30 and told me it would be an honor to take care of me until I go home. Elena said that God gave me this so I could go out to the world and help others which is what I know.



I will keep you all posted on her progress and how her visit to Ecuador turns out. I really believe in my heart that natural healing is leaps and bounds better then the chemicals we are filling our bodies with to fight cancer.

Kristine

5 comments:

  1. What a motivating and inspirational story. I will pray for her to have a meaningful and healing experience. I also would like to say CHEERS to you for living it up and enjoying the moment....GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Love ya, Ann =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us posted on her progress.....by the way, when is your next scheduled scan?

    -g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristine,
    In my travels,you don't know how many times I have wanted to change my itinerary and stay just a little longer, but like you said there is always a meeting or appointment or something keeping us from enjoying our lives. I am so glad to hear that you took the leap and stayed in Florida. You are right, life is way too short. Enjoy every minute of it. I hope you had a great time in Florida.

    Thanks for sharing your friend's story and keep us updated on her progress.

    Chris Weaver (Newman's mom #2)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock Kristine!! You always have. I check in daily and think of you often. I will be in MI June14-28. It's before you get there for your big 20th reunion. I want to go to your class reunion just as much as mine. Your class was awesome. Have a great time. Be sure to check in with Heidi. I know she misses you. Take Care.

    Michele Wolfe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it a page right out of the last lecture ... sounds like a Jimmy Buffet song - MORE POWER TO YOU - Enjoy Life!

    Love Barbara

    ReplyDelete