Sunday, June 1, 2008

Round Three

I had my third set of scans since my surgery on last Thursday. They are becoming more of a chore then a big deal. I pretty much know the drill at this point. I know all of the tricks and how to get in and out in the most efficient way. I pretty much know all of the technicians and stop to chat with each of them like it is a social event. One of them is named Kristine so we have a bit of a bond. Everyone keeps asking me how I feel and I respond with, "I feel great!" The reality is that I do feel great but that feeling is very deceiving being I felt great and actually went skiing the day before I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. So feeling great is not enough to give me confidence that these scans will come up completely clean. I am usually really positive and only expect good news but this time I have to say I am nervous. I get my results on Thursday late afternoon so I will be sure to let everyone know as soon as I can.

I have a lot going on this summer and I don't really have time for cancer. Cancer stole my summer last year and I am determined to enjoy this one come hell or high water! Send me good vibes on Thursday. Until then,

Kristine

12 comments:

  1. You can do it Duffy Moon.
    Daddy and I will be sending lots of great vibes!!!!!!!
    Love you Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think all the good thoughts possible and sending you lots of LOVE!
    barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to be TOTALLY FINE!
    After how many summers in cold, icky San Francisco, you deserve a long life of warm, balmy summer nights and you're going to get them!
    xoxo
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping all the best, Kristine. Glad you were able to enjoy Florida and that the summer is all scheduled up with fun.

    Take care,
    Sara LaFleur

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry about a thing. We are all thinking of you every minute.

    Love you Mom and Dad # 2

    ReplyDelete
  6. all of our good vibes from ohio....this WILL be a great summer for you!!!!
    much love, debbie : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kristine-
    Will send you good vibes...in fact I always send you good vibes. But, then, that's not hard to do because you are an incredible human being. Truly.
    So, when I send you good vibes I just think of it as a mirror reflecting everything that you put out to others. (Gawd, how new age does that sound??? I really don't mean it in that way!!)
    Looking forward to next Wednesday.
    Much love,
    Kira

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey babe-
    I dreamt of you last night- you were totally vibrant and healthy. Good sign, I think. I am thinking of you and sending lots of energy.
    love, leigh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waiting with good thoughts and prayers, that your scans are good.. glad you are feeling well, enjoy every moment of it - sending you prayers , Deb W

    ReplyDelete
  10. i don't have time for you to be sick this summer!!!! sending lots of good energy and prayers!!! love, jeanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. you know i'm always thinking of you. looking forward to seeing you soon. summer here we come!love, colette

    ReplyDelete