Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

Can you believe it has been a year since my surgery!? It is amazing that a year has gone by already. I am just really grateful to have another birthday. There were many times that I wondered if I would make it 38 but here I am going strong. I am now shooting for 40. Do I dare to dream of 50?

Most of you know how much I love my birthday. I call it my own personal holiday. I pretty much celebrate for the whole month of August. Going home to Michigan was part of that celebration. I have only been home a few days and now I am heading to the Jersey Shore to celebrate with my good friend Roey. We both share the same birthday of August 21st. Now I do have a couple years on her but she graciously never brings that up. Now that is a good friend.

The interesting part of my birthday is that it doesn't just mean good times anymore. My birthday now coincides with scan time. Yes, that is right it is already time for those pesky scans again. When I arrived home from Michigan I had received in the mail a confirmation of my next scan. It was supposed to be Monday the 18th. Whenever I get a scan I usually get the results two days later which would have been Wednesday the 20th. As much as I am expecting good news from these scans I wasn't willing to chance this years birthday. I guess you are probably figuring by this point that, yes I did change the scan to Wednesday 8/20 in the early morning. Right after I am heading to the shore with my friends and I am going to enjoy this weekend. I am not going to receive my results until Thursday the 28th. Last time I was not expecting good results. My cough had been non stop and I knew that it couldn't be good. This time I will be shocked if things don't look better. My cough gets better everyday. It is not gone by any means but I feel like I am winning this battle.

Last year I wanted nothing for my birthday except to wake up from open heart surgery. I actually didn't wake up until the next day. : ( This year I just want to be present and alive. I want to live in the moment, swim in the ocean, be with friends and Ryan and just plain soak it all in. I will cherish my 38th birthday and look forward to 39. Thank-you all for making this a life worth fighting for. Big Love,

Kristine

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kristine! I wish you many more!!! Much love , prayers and support, Terese

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good writer.... YES-- soak it all in!! I can't wait to talk.... Life is good!!
    Enjoy your birthday getaway. BIG love- Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Kristine. You are just one of the most beautiful people that I know - both inside and out! I can't tell you how great it was to see you while you were in Michigan and I wish we would of had more time. So happy to hear the party went well at Stepanie's, isn't it great to know that you are loved by so many people! Have a great trip out to see your friend and enjoy every second. Big love right back to you! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Kristine!
    I hope you have an awesome birthday celebration.
    You deserve the best.
    Love, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. get ready for your special birthday song! i love you....cocomos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you!!
    Happy Birthday to You!!
    Happy Birthday Dear Kristiner!!!
    Happy Birthday to you!!!
    Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you!

    Enjoy your month long celebration of you!

    It was a blast haning on the beach with the Birthday Babes, I'm glad I let you beat me at Yatzee!

    We love you so much!
    Beth & Mike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful birthday and vacation to the beach!! I had so much fun when you were home! The party was so nice and the kids are still talking about it!! I loved seeing your family again too and chatting with your Mom! You look fantastic and healthier than all of us!! We will be thinking of you next week and keeping you in our prayers. Of course we support all that you are doing-it sure looks like it's working!! Lots of love, Jodi, Pat, Megan, Ryan, and Nick

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated B-day Kristine, We stay on top of your progress through the Blog. We're so glad to hear that zest for life that keeps us all smiling with you !! HAPPY Happy BIRTHDAY, sooo glad you're having a ball !!!

    Happy Trails, Bill & Vicki
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kristine and Happy Birthday! It's great to see that you are enjoying yourself and getting together with friends. You are such an inspiration to so many. Too many people dont stop to smell the roses these days. I'm glad that your party went well and hope that you enjoy the rest of your birthday month! (We should all try that!) Next time on the Cape come visit with Ryan!
    We are all thinking of you.
    Love the Johnston's

    ReplyDelete