Sunday, March 2, 2008

GI JANE

People say that I look like Demi Moore in the movie GI Jane with my new very short hair style. While I was at Hippocrates I wore my wig for the first few days because it was pretty cool and the wig is just like a really nice hat that keeps me warm. As the days went by the temperatures went up and the wig came off. There were a lot of comments on how cute my hair was and how lucky I was that I looked good in short hair and even one guy accused me of having a twin sister with a short red bob. Pretty funny stuff. One night we all went out bowling and one of the guys said I can not imagine you with long hair. I then proceeded to pull out my drivers licence and show everyone my pre chemo look. Everyone said that they liked the short hair better. I am not sure if it was just because they had gotten used to me with my crew cut or if they really meant it. I would like to think that they meant it.

Then comes the real world where people are just being themselves and they don't know me at all. First of all this past weekend Ryan and I went to the mall and I was buying something in one of the stores with my credit card and the young sales clerk asks me for ID. I pull out my license and she looks at the picture and then looks at me with a smirk and says, "When did you cut your hair so short?" (You know she was thinking bad hair cut lady!!) I couldn't resist. I had to reply, "I actually didn't cut it. I had cancer and it fell out during chemo." She was actually really sweet and asked if everything was better now. I of course responded, "yes." I do however, think she will think twice before asking anyone about their hairstyle choices.

Then today I went to the movies with a couple of friends and I was walking toward our designated theatre and I bypassed the man taking the tickets. He of course yells out, "Excuse me Sir!" I then turn around and he immediately says Miss, but by now the damage is done. I of course laugh it off but it does make one think. Cute or not so cute. Maybe all of you keep telling me my hair looks great because lets face it, it looks better then bald, but does it really look good. I am not quite sold. I keep waiting for it to get long enough that I will actually need a haircut and I can have some sort of style other then GI Jane. We all love Demi but not even a movie star could make that hair style work for long. Love ya,

Kristine

P.S. I will try and have Ryan put up a picture of the new hair sometime soon......

5 comments:

  1. You crack me up. You look amazing! love ya, cocomos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristine you have always looked FAB no matter what the hairstyle or hair color .. I love your response to the clerk - What a great Come back and doesn't it feel wonderful to be able to say you are better!!

    Love Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stories!!! My favorite was the dressing room with Gretchen, careful not appear to be 'hitting on' that woman. So funny.
    You know, you are still your funny, wise self whatever the hell your hair looks like. Remember I buzzed all my hair off by choice? Me and Megan- Single white Female? It will come back, and you'll be glad to know what a buzz cut was like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristine you look like Demi Moore with your hair Long or Short,she is BEAUTIFUL either way and so are you.your even better,you're beautiful from the inside out,you have a heart and a personality....(your SMILE is prettier) LOL,Latney (CSC)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tine

    Love the short hair....don't let anyone get you to think differently. Remember I sported the short locks for a long time.....I still have a picture of me with your same do. Enjoy it now....by next winter you'll want a little more hair just to keep you warm. But for now, love the hair you're in.

    Miss you

    g

    ReplyDelete