Wednesday, January 30, 2008

SHHHHHHHH ittttttttt

First things first. I sucked at silent day!! I made it until about 6pm and at that point I was starting to get depressed. My roomate Jane, who is hysterical, and was also participating in silent day walked into our room and I tell her that I was done and I didn't enjoy it at all. Her reply was, "I didn't like it either, it made everyone else that much more annoying." So of course we have been talking non stop since. I will say that I learned one thing and that is that I love to connect with people. Not that I didn't already know that but for me the experience isn't as complete without getting other peoples input. Now when I told Ryan I was participating in silent day he replied, "That sounds like my dream day." So when he arrives I will let him try the silent thing and we will see if maybe he has a different reaction. So to sum it up, it isn't for everyone.

I feel like I am learning so much here. I am in lectures for 3-4 hours a day and I can not possably pass it all on. I have decided to continue to share my experience with everyone but I am going to have a list of books that I recommend at the end of my stay if anyone is serious in jumping on the raw band wagon. My favorite point today was if a steak is so full of protein how do you think the cow became protein, by eating a steak? Hello, they eat raw leafy greens or they should anyway. Who knows what they are eating these days.

I also had a consultation with a stress pshycologist here. It is part of the program. We meet with him for a half hour and then we meet again for an hour session. He told me that at the beginning of the next session I had to tell him what my three biggest wishes are for myself. This immediatley makes me cry. It has been a long time since I felt like I could even think about my future. Being here makes me really believe I have a future. I have always talked about my cancer in a positive way and I have tried not to let it get me down but I was never quite sure how I was going to be able to achieve my goal of being cancer free. Now I see that it is very possible. So many people before me have come here with cancers just as bad as mine and have walked out changed and living healthy lifestyles. I am not going to say it is going to be easy. I was actually craving some french fries tonight. Thank god I don't have a car here or I would probably be at Wendy's right now. YIKES!!

So, I received a package today and I felt like it was Christmas morning. I feel a bit like a kid away at summer camp. Everyone around me was so jealous that I had received a box. So a big thank-you to Jackie. You made my day! I am not trying to guilt the rest of you into sending me packages. Especially after my plea for mail. Seriously I love the blog postings just as much. O.K. almost as much. hee hee!! Hope to TALK to all of you soon!

Kristine

Hippocrates
Attn: Kristine Becker
1443 Palmdale Court
West Palm Beach, Fl. 33411

P.S. The spell check is not working. Sorry. : (

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kristine,
    I'm just now catching up on the last few days of your blogs, which are entertaining (as expected!). As I read about all that you're doing at Hippocrates I am filled with excitement! This sounds truly wonderful and I look forward to hearing and learning more from you:)
    Keep up the good work and the good blogging!
    xxStephanie Bierlein

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 3 WISHES Idea - it is time to wish babe and wish BIG!

    Knew Silent day would be Rough - couldn't have done that if I wanted to ....

    Love the news - don't think I will send anything it will probably get there the day you leave if I try from California .. but know I am thinking of you and loving the updates..

    That Cow Protein thing I have thought before - it makes sense!

    Take Care and keep enjoying

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Raw Souls Sister! I am sending green vibes your way. Are you wearing your hemp dress yet!
    xxooElaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you're talking again. Wouldn't want to lose your bubbly and fiery personality! Awfully hard to be bubby and fiery without words! Just sent you a letter. Glad to get away from the keyboard and actually use a pen and paper...
    Much love from the Jerzee shore,
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kris, Hey I did a spell check for you. It said you spelled "SHHHHHHHH ittttttttt" wrong.....giggle. You sound so pumped , I love it. See the light,it's the coming of a new day, babee !!! Soo good to read the passion in your voice !!!
    They didn't try to make you eat those protein filled grubs yet, did they...giggle.
    Happy Trails, Bill & Vicki Layser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristine. It sounds like you had a long day today! I am so happy to hear that you have a cool roommate that you can chat it up with. I appreciate your updates and hope that you are able to continue your postings. I am so looking forward to seeing you in person. I saw the Flips person that we used to work with the other day.....wow, how time flies and those crazy stories seem like yesterday! Well, we are expecting a big snow storm tonight (I'm like a little kid, hoping for a snowday) but just in case we don't get it 5:00 am rolls around pretty early, so nighty night. Hey have a shot of wheat grass for me, it sure beats eating 5 lbs. of veggies! Love and prayers to you, Ann Riffel

    ReplyDelete