Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Looking forward to 2008!

The holiday season was a blur and we hardly did anything. I am sure it is the same for all of you. It is a crazy time of year but it is always exciting to have a new year ahead. Leaving behind 2007 gives me some relief. I am not sure exactly why. It is amazing how just a change of dates can help you breath a little easier. It is a time for new beginnings and I am more ready then I have ever been to embrace my life. I feel like I have to make up for a whole year lost. However, I realize that although I lost time, I gained so much more. It is hard to put into words how this year has changed me. Having a life threatening disease makes you look through clearer eyes. Problems that would have consumed me before now seem silly and a waste of precious time. I wish I had the words to help you understand how I feel. Not that I would ever wish cancer on anyone, but I do wish you could know how special today and tomorrow really are. It is impossible to understand fully without knowing what it feels like to almost lose them. Anyway, to bring in the new year, I have two stories for you. One pretty amazing and one very funny.

As you all know, if you have been reading this blog, my girlfriends went on a maRAWthon to help send me to a raw food institute in Florida. They raised funds by e-mailing their friends and family and asking them to pass it on, and so forth. Well, to make a long story short, they received a donation from Sharon Stone. Yes, The Sharon Stone! It makes you realize how small the world really is. I can not thank my girlfriends enough for their selfless act of helping me in this journey to get well. I plan on blogging everyday from Florida so I can pass on the wealth of information I am learning. And who knows, maybe you too will go raw. Hey, maybe even Sharon Stone will read my blog and jump on the raw bandwagon... crazier things have happened! Thanks to everyone who donated... especially my new BFF Sharon!

The second story begins with me running very late to meet a friend. I got out of the shower and threw on my clothes. (Probably the same ones from the day before.) No time for make up or even to think, "do these shoes go with these pants." Blah blah blah... time to go!! I then turned to the place where my wig hangs every night -- on the very small head of a bronze replica of Degas' ballet dancer, the preferred place for my short red bob. However, not today. Where could my wig be? I always put it on the statue before bed. I ran around the house looking in every room, but I could not find it anywhere. Five minutes turned to ten and I started to get desperate. Then out of pure habit, as I do when anything is lost, I went to the couch and started to pull off the cushions. Low and behold, there it was behind the cushions. UNBELIEVABLE!! It was flattened out but still in decent shape. I gave it a fluff, throw it on and run out the door. I think I laughed all day. I never thought I would loose my wig in a couch. But, then again I never thought I would be wearing a wig! I guess you never really know what tomorrow holds.

Happy New Year and sending lots of love. I hope to see you all in 2008!

8 comments:

  1. How funny! You never know what's in the couch. I am cleaning mine tomorrow! Except, I better not find a wig. Tom will be in trouble!!!!!!
    Happy New Year to you and Ryan.
    May 2008 bring you all happy moments.
    Miss you and love you,
    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Kristine! Lots and lots of love from California!

    xoxoxo~
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Wish I could find a wig in my couch
    and a red one at that!!! Of course, I would
    never look as fantastic as you do in yours.
    Can't wait for your arrival in Texas.
    Love Papa Bears
    p.s. Hurry!!! Need some thirty-one dust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. k, i wanna know what you were doing on the couch to lose your wig!!!....common you can tell!

    -g

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha Ha. Yeah what were you doing on the couch??

    Happy New Year!
    Love ya!
    Jenny O

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too funny. My daughters always pull up the cushions after there daddy sleeps. They now have more money than I do.

    Take Care,
    Mac in Jax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kristine,

    You're too funny! What a great writer you are!!!!
    Well, Happy New Year to you, Ryan and Rufus. Ruby and I wish you the best in 2008.

    Curious, when are you coming back from Florida?

    Would love to catch up!

    Love and miss you,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! For a moment I thought you were going to say that Rufus had found a new toy! It's so good to hear that you are well, and I cant wait to hear the blog from Florida.
    Wishing you and Ryan a wonderful happy and healthy 2008, and dont forget to stop by if you come up to the Cape.
    Love Jane J

    ReplyDelete