Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Living It

I have been set free from my raw enviroment for 5 days now and things are going O.K. so far. Orlando was not an easy place to start this diet but I just did the best I could. My sisters were very supportive by driving me 15 minutes to the local wheatgrass place everyday. It made me appreciate how easy it was to be on campus and how everything was prepared for me. I am happy to home and to start learning how to make this work day in and day out. Ryan is being awesome and had the juicer, dehydrater and a new food processer waiting for me when I arrived. Now I just have to learn how to use it all.

The staff at Hippocrates warned me about how people were going to react to my raw diet. It is funny how everyone is really fasinated by what I am doing and everyone has lots of questions. I don't really bring it up but I find that everyone wants to talk about it which is fine by me. However, when they ask me questions, they don't really want the answers. I find that when I answer their questions and tell them what I have learned they always respond in a very defensive way. I feel like I am trying to stick up for this lifestyle choice which is really awkward because to be honest I don't really want to have to do it. I am trying to save my life. Just because I am not eating any fruit doesn't mean you shouldn't eat fruit. I am the one with the cancer. Just because I am doing this diet doesn't mean that all of your diets are terrible and only mine is the right way. My choices are not your choices. I am happy to share my experience with everyone and if you take away nothing that is fine with me. I will not be judging you for what you decide to do with you diet. I am not going to say I won't worry about you if you are eating microwaved foods everyday, because I will, because now I know better and so do you. I will continue to share the information I have learned but I just wanted to vent a little because I am not the raw food poster child. This is really hard for me. It was just three weeks ago that I was eating pasta and drinking wine. Please ask me all of the questions you can come up with and I am happy to try and answer them the best I can but please don't throw those answers back in my face and make me try to justify them to you. To be honest I don't even think I could. I am very new at this and I am just trying to get by day by day.

Hippocrates raw living is a very extreme way of life and they have a great track record for healing people like me. I just hope that none of you are ever in a position like this that you have to make extreme decisions with your life. Maybe if you find the strength to make small changes now it will impact your futures so you will never have to walk in my shoes. Love ya,

Kristine

7 comments:

  1. Bottom line- you are doing something amazingly important. And few people will ever understand. But we all support you...

    Do the best you can. That's all, that's all, that's all....

    lk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristine, I feel so bad for asking you all those questions at lunch. I am really proud of you and what you are doing. I understand the frustration. I do not think I could do it. I feel very "weak" about food. Maybe that is where some people come from. We are a bit in awe of the "sacrifice" you are making for your health and well being. As you know many of us fall into less than stellar eating habits out of a lack of time and energy. We eat what is simple. But it is not what is best. I agreed with everything we discussed today. And as I mentioned I am nothing less than impressed with your commitment. I am looking forward to a "Lawnmower" raw taco party. All my love, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who sassed my girl? Tell who Stein and I will beat them over the head with my ginger wheatgrass concoction! You are doing great and who give a $%^^&* about what people think or say-you never have before and this is no different! I have always been so impressed wiht you for so many reasons (which is why my daughter is named after you) and this is just another awesome thing you have chosen to do to take care of yourself in every way you know how! You have much more heart and soul than many other people I know and you ACCOMPLISH things and that is why I revere you and love you so much! You keep on keep on sister-I am continually proud!

    All my love
    CF

    PS Ryan continues to impress me as your life partner! WOW how lucky we are....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Kristine, this is amazing...I so enjoyed reading about your experiences. I'm so intrigued and proud of you! I eat microwaved food every day for lunch, and even though I know better, I still do it for convenience. Maybe I need to stop being so lazy...

    Anyway, good for you! Lots of love,

    Kelly Barger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone is being EXTRA BITCHY today
    WWWWWWWAAAAAAAA !!!!!!

    LOVE
    PETE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristine. Just checking in to see how things are going, I'm sure it is a major challenge! Well, know that I am thinking of you everyday....hang in there and keep the faith. Love ya, Ann

    P.S. I was at Jack's and saw a container of sprouts and I was so going to buy them, but I don't think that they are supposed to be brown are they? I passed and realized that I need some serious guidance in that department!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristine,
    I loved this posting to your blog because it is so representative of how so many people behave -- ask your perspective, fail to be objective, then verbally attack because your perspective is not identical to theirs. Ugh!! So frustrating!!
    I am so proud of you and have really enjoyed everything you've shared. I couldn't agree more about the microwave stuff! For everyone reading this, I haven't had one for nearly three years and it's merely an adjustment -- not a difficult one;)
    You are inspiring to everyone around you and I look forward to learning more from you!!
    Much love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete