Tuesday, October 7, 2008

From Bad to Worse

Just when I didn't think things could get any worse, they did. The doctor I am here seeing treats all kinds of illnesses and he has contracted Hepitiitis A from one of his patients. With that being said he is pretty much out of the loop in being able to treat me. I am just hoping that I did not pick it up while I was spending time at his house. You can only get it by using the same utinsels or maybe kissing. I did use one of their glasses and had a green salad at their house the first day I arrived and they are not the cleanest of people. Needless to say I am worried. I can not afford to get any other diseases at this point.

As you all know one of my biggest sayings is to trust life and right now I have to take that to heart. This is not working here and I am going to come home. Neville tells me that I can do 60% of the treatment at home, hopefully that will be enough. I am saddened to leave because this was my ace in the hole. It scares me to give up on this option and return home to traditional doctors. However, I am more stressed right now then I have been in the last two years. I know that is one of the worst things for someone with cancer. I have yet to pick a time when I am leaving probably by the end of the week sometime. I have just made this decision in the last hour and have yet to even call the airlines. I will keep you all posted. Love,

Kristine

7 comments:

  1. I am so relieved that you are coming home. As much as I support your every decision along this very bumpy road, I do feel much better hearing of your return. The "unknown" circumstances of you being somewhere unfamiliar to everyone here, makes me all the more nervous for your well being. I am here for you whatever the decision. love and miss you. g

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad you are coming home!!!

    Missi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please know that I am thinking of you and am proud of you for doing what you need to do! Please keep us all posted.....we (YOUR CHEERLEADERS)are worried and wanting nothing but a safe return and something positive to come of your expereince. Big love to you! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you for all the decision that you have made during this difficult time. This decision is no different you have "Trusted Life" and have followed your gut and your heart. I am looking forward to your return, because I miss you.

    Love you, Toni

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm sorry that ecuador isn't working out...but we will be glad to have you back. it isn't the same here without you. love you. jeanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kristine,
    Just think about all the love and support you will be met with when you return. I hope that your decision to come home brings you all the peace of mind you deserve.
    Much love,
    Kira

    ReplyDelete
  7. Home is the best Option Now
    Don't be stressed you gave it a try and now you have made a decision - hang tight and as you say trust life and what happens next
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete